Saturday, November 29, 2014

I'm Still Alive

It's been a while since I updated here. I'm still listening to music, that's for sure. Let me give you a quick rundown on a couple things.

1) I moved from Massachusetts to Ohio
2) I got a new job as a programmer
3) I nearly lost my entire music collection because I was sloppy when upgrading my computer

The lesson here is that even if you think you're extremely tech savvy (I work with computers for a living, here), you can still be really dumb. Always have a backup. These days, you can buy a multiple terabyte drive for a hundred bucks. If that's what it takes to back up your music collection, do it. It'll be a whole lot less expensive than repurchasing it. Even if you have it all backed up in cloud services or can redownload it from Amazon or Bandcamp or re-rip it from CDs, just having a record of what you own backed up somewhere can be very, very helpful.

I'll try to give some quick impressions of the music I'm listening to soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment