Thursday, November 29, 2012

God Seed Release New Video

You wouldn't know, since I haven't posted anything on here in a year, but 2012 has been a fantastic year for black metal, in my opinion. One of the best releases this year is the first album from  God Seed, the band that Gaahl and King Ov Hell, formerly of Gorgoroth, have formed after being denied the use of the name Gorgoroth. Their album I Begin has gotten quite a lot of spins from me, and will be appearing on my Year-End list without question.

They've just released a music video for stand-out track "Alt Liv." The track premiers today on Metal Hammer, and you should be able to view it there. The video should also be embedded in this post, although you may not be able to view it here at this point.


The aesthetic of the video certainly isn't what I expected, but I think that's what makes it good. It's not just a bunch of corpse-painted dudes with too many spikes and a bunch of pseudo-Satanic paraphernalia standing around. Make sure to check out God Seed's I Begin for some real Norwegian black metal. Hopefully I'll have a review of it up here some time soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment